Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Yeung Completes Blues Buy-Up

Yeung Completes Blues Buy-Up

Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung has completed his takeover of Birmingham City after his Grandtop International Holdings company tabled a £81.5 million bid on Tuesday.

Yeung now owns 90% of the shares in Blues which means he will be offered the remaining 10%

Co-owner David Sullivan will now leave the club along with managing director Karren Brady, David Gold is expected to continue as chairman.

And as far as manager Alex McLeish was concerned it was all good news: 'It is exciting times and something I have great anticipation for. There is a buzz about the place.

'I am ambitious and they are ambitious and, of course, if there is money to spend, we would welcome it.

'We are looking forward to a new era. The fans are anticipating another step forward.'

-----------------------------------------

Vital Brum are now set up on face book so why not join up and help us grow into a great community?

You can get to know the staff better as we`ll all be updating the page and we will bring you the latest news, views, happenings and rumours from St Andrews.

Join us today and join in the fun.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN US



*Try Vital Mobile FOR FREE for the latest news, scores, fixtures and so much more*

Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Foxxy
Date:Wednesday October 7 2009
Time: 3:55PM

Comments

0
always felt Gold/s and Sullivan let Blues down, with their personal wealth I thought they'd put much more in. Don't suppose you folks are sad to see them go are you?
The Fear
07/10/2009 16:02:00
0
I'm not sad to see them go, I also wouldn't be sad to see McLeish sacked because he is way out of his depth in this league
Dark_Blue
07/10/2009 16:15:00
0
The Sun (yes I know its not the best of sources) is saying that the new owner plans to make you bigger than The Villa..........I seem to have heard that somewhere before. Ahh yes, the previous incumbents.
dannyvellow
13/10/2009 13:43:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Birmingham City Articles

Key player Vs. Ipswich

Luke Turner picks his key player for Saturday's game...

Opinion: Predicted line up Vs. Ipswich Town

Vital Birmingham editor Tom Heslop discusses who he thinks will be in the starting XI when Blues take on Ipswich Town on Saturday

EFL Cup To Fast Track Video Assistance?

It's been reported this week that the Football Association could now fast track video assistant referee help for match day officials in the League Cup.

Officials - Ipswich v Birmingham (1/4/17)

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game between Ipswich Town and Birmingham City this Saturday.

Archived Vital Birmingham Articles

Vital Birmingham articles from

Site Journalists

Tom Heslop
Editor email
Profile
Christopher Handy
no email
Profile
Saskia Bowes
no email
Profile
Rob Wildey
no email
Profile
Luke Turner
no email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

How will Blues get on against Newcastle?
Suggested By: Rob Wildey
Win17%
Draw20%
Lose63%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Newcastle 38 24 6 8 78 38
2 Brighton 38 23 8 7 77 30
3 Huddersfield 37 22 5 10 71 4
4 Leeds Utd 38 21 6 11 69 16
5 Reading 38 20 7 11 67 2
6 Sheff Wed 38 18 8 12 62 9
7 Fulham 38 16 13 9 61 19
8 Norwich 38 16 9 13 57 9
9 Preston 38 15 12 11 57 6
10 Derby County 38 14 11 13 53 3
11 Barnsley 38 14 9 15 51 0
12 Aston Villa 38 13 12 13 51 0
13 Cardiff 38 14 9 15 51 -1
14 Brentford 38 14 8 16 50 3
15 Q.P.R. 38 14 8 16 50 -5
16 Wolves 37 12 9 16 45 -2
17 Ipswich 38 10 15 13 45 -9
18 Birmingham 38 11 12 15 45 -16
19 Bristol City 38 11 8 19 41 -3
20 Forest 38 11 8 19 41 -11
21 Burton 38 10 11 17 41 -14
22 Blackburn 38 9 13 16 40 -11
23 Wigan 38 8 10 20 34 -13
24 Rotherham 38 4 5 29 17 -54
Write for Vital Football
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
The Vital Football Members League

Recent Birmingham City Results (view all)

Birmingham City Fixtures (view all)

Apr 1 2017 3:00PM : Ipswich Town (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 4 2017 7:45PM : Brighton & Hove Albion (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 8 2017 3:00PM : Derby County (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 14 2017 3:00PM : Rotherham United (a)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 17 2017 3:00PM : Burton Albion (H)
Sky Bet Championship
Apr 23 2017 12:00PM : Aston Villa (a)
Sky Bet Championship

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.David Village41
2.WayCoolBlue24
3.Brooklyn21
4.Rob Wildey115
5.WhoRya6
6.Chrisblues6
7.Josph BCFC 2
8.Northumbriablue2
9.gazal2
10.cjoyner981
Vital Football Comment