Birmingham City Forum - Join Us On Front Page Comments
Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Birmingham City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
What would you like to see more of on Vital Blues?
Suggested By:
Match previews 0%
Match reaction / analysis0%
Opinion pieces50%
News articles50%
Noting - I'm happy with the current content0%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ohio12
2.David Village6
3.Le Hane5
4.WayCoolBlue3
5.Rob Wildey12
6.Bluesince19801
7.greatsince681
8.Kramer1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2):
Join Us On Front Page Comments
03 November 2016 15:57 Post ID: #7373
Please join us on the front page article comments.

Easy logins with facebook and twitter (or register)

http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
21 July 2017 14:51 Post ID: #8167 - in reply to #7373
Vital football is a terrific website filled with excellent reporters who day in day out keep us up to date with Vital stories,snippets and news feeds.Vital Birmingham City is our home page with all things Blues related,top drawer articles that are in pace with any breaking news pertaining to our amazing Club BCFC 1875.It's a place for us humble mortals to comment on breaking news,give our opinions,our feedback without fear of ridicule for all who read Vital Birmingham are passionate loyal fans.Of course it's immediately obvious if a follower of a rival team posts here.I am all for freedom of speech,I enjoy reading what others have to say whether I agree or disagree,we are all connected to each other through our love for Birmingham City FC. Please keep the articles coming,please leave your thoughts,we are legion,we are Birmingham City.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
28 July 2017 13:15 Post ID: #8205 - in reply to #7373
As of today 28/7/17 Redknapp as still only completed three signings,I think most of us would have expected more by now with the seasons opener just over a week away and Harry and his assistant constantly saying we are far from the completed article.
I still have faith in our manager,he knows what he is doing,most probably the three top drawer recruits would not have signed under another manager,his name alone is a magnet,none of us knows what's happening behind the scenes,It does worry me though when they say the team still needs an overhaul with kick off so close.Whoever comes in now will have little to no time to prepare with their new teammates.Redknapp must be facing obstacles with the players he had identified.I hope he does not release any more until he has found and signed a replacement.A striker must be a priority,Keane would fit the bill to a large extent,again no movement there with the player himself appearing willing to join 'Arry's army.Still plenty of time in the window however little time for next weeks opener.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2017 15:39 Post ID: #8229 - in reply to #7373
Terrible breaking news for Diego Fabbrini ,it's reported he has damaged his anterior cruciate ligament,I'm no doctor however these injuries always seem to take a long time to heal.I feel very sorry for the Italian,at 27 he really has not fulfilled his full potential,this new loan spell just might have worked out for him.It looks increasingly likely we will be seeing him back with BCFC, he will have little chance now to shine at his new club.I wish him well,hope he has a speedy recovery,he;s still contracted to us,despite that I would not wish injury on any player.Good luck Diego.
Like post
Like this post
03 August 2017 13:39 Post ID: #8240 - in reply to #7373
I see the current Club poll for where we will finish is gradually falling backwards,initially when it was posted the vast majority of us had us either in the top two or top six,all of those initial votes are still counting making it appear we feel overall we will reach the play off's however if it were started afresh it would look totally different now. I have no idea how these polls are created,it should be re set now just before the season kicks off and we would have a true reflection of how we all are feeling.
No doubt the vile have been trolling this page putting in a vote for relegation,realistically mid table as things stand is where we are at best,still that could change if we can get those key players in.Trying to stay positive with all of the negative news we are receiving. KRO
Like post
Like this post
05 August 2017 13:35 Post ID: #8256 - in reply to #7373
So Bristol City have put a price tag on Flint of £10 million,it's laughable,at 28 he's still at the top of his game,come two short years his career days will be counting down.I would move on Harry,Bristol City rapidly are becoming a club I dislike.Their players made no secret that they wanted to relegate us last season,let's hope the boot is on the other foot this season,that we take all six points off them.Their manager is over sensitive being critical of Redknapp over the offer he made for their two defenders,as Redknapp pointed out himself he did not go crying to the media over the offer that was made for Shotton,he did not criticise,moan and groan.Lee Johnson at 36 has an awful lot to learn in football management,he should treat Redknapp with the respect he has earned all around this country.Keep Flint,there are other defenders equally as good we could go after at a fraction of this cost. KRO
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2017 18:23 Post ID: #8264 - in reply to #7373
A bad opening game,it's behind us now and we have to move on and try as hard as it is remain positive.Bristol City are visiting St Andrews soon,if there is any team I really want us to punish it's them.Their manager has disrespected Harry Redknapp crying to the media over the offers that were made for their defensive duo. He also last season obviously plotted with his players to relegate us,the players made no secret of it.It's a club I have always liked,under this regime I have no fondness for them and hope we can not only beat them but destroy them.It won't be easy however if we do win it will be all the sweeter following recent history. KRO
Like post
Like this post
09 August 2017 16:27 Post ID: #8287 - in reply to #7373
Again today 9/8/17 Harry Redknapp says in the press we are not close to finalising any deal for a player,he repeats what we already know,that he identifies the players he wants and lets others do the negotiating.This may well be where we are failing to secure deals.Redknapp with his way with words,talking no nonsense and using his charismatic charm should try and do the end tail business.It's worrying to hear we are not even close to signing a player yet the press still fills us with links,what's going on ? KRO
Like post
Like this post
11 August 2017 10:18 Post ID: #8305 - in reply to #7373
11/8/17 Cup draw has been made,a home tie against Bournemouth,could have been worse however Bluenoses would have hoped for a more appealing tie,no disrespect to Bournemouth intended. No doubt they will field a weakened team as all seem to do in the early stages of this competition,that gives up hope,especially at home IF we really want to try to progress,Harry will need to select a strong team,Bournemouth have become a very strong team,it's good to see clubs like them reach the Premiership,gives hope to many in the Championship. KRO
Like post
Like this post
13 August 2017 13:00 Post ID: #8326 - in reply to #7373
Many of us are concerned about the longer term ownership of our club, It appears TTA might not be around for too long.I do suspect they have the ambition of leading us back to the Premiership,we will know an awful lot more about their intent after this season,if they don't fund this manager they certainly won't with another. I believe that they will,that belief is based on the fact they are serious business men.Thy will be all too aware of how much the value this club would increase by if they get us to the Premiership.
Once sold it's always a time of worry,fans will remember the dark days of Carsen Yeung,older fans will remember the terrible time under the Kumae Brothers.In recent history the only owners who brought us stability with ambition were David Sullivan and David and Ralph Gold,we have so much to thank them for,their money built this modern St Andrews,their money gave us seasons in the Premiership,how fantastic was that after sixteen long seasons of absence from the top tier,our Cup win was due to their investment even though by then Yeung had taken over.
If TTA do get us up and prove they have desire it would be great if they stayed around however I doubt that they will.No one knows what the future may hold however we have had our fill of bad owners. Harry has said he always recommends us as a club to buy,he is a wise man.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
15 August 2017 23:57 Post ID: #8343 - in reply to #7373
15/8/16 We have watched a stalemate in the home game v Bolton,a match I had identified as a win,not an ideal result however a point is better than nothing,look at the vile fans faces at work.
This is not a match report simply raising two issues.
First the Shotton situation.I do believe the manager must have said to him that he's not in his plans hence his desire to leave.He appeared very settled here in the Midlands,even owing a Pub.Harry has tried and tried to sign Flint,it's looking unlikely now.Morrisson has picked up an injury ( probably won't keep him out long if any time at all ) his injury though just proves the need for Shotton.Haeey,if you have given up on flint have a chat with Shotton and make him aware how critical he is to the squad.
Second the potential move of .Kuszack ,this needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP,every cluc needs two quality keepers,if he were to leave before a replacement were found we would be in serious trouble,in anycase if he moved to a Premiership club he would only be a bench warmer on an increased salary,at his stage in his career he needs to be fighting Stockdale to wear the shirt.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2017 21:10 Post ID: #8390 - in reply to #7373
22/8/16 have been quiet for a few days,some wonderful events have been happening at StAndrews,not in the league YET however in the transfer market,Redknapp has identified and signed three quality players,all on loan,that's a slightly a let down for I would rather players signed for us on a permanent basis however as we all know by now contracts are made to be broken and very often are.With new players still to come and one very promising one ( dare not name him as I may put a jinx on the transfer )....we have a very good front line spoilt for choice now and when Adams is back it will improve much better,something we have been crying out for a very long time.Sam Gallagher is a brilliant addition,to beat the Vile and Derby County for his signature speaks volumes for Redknapp,Steve Bruce will be licking his wounds,he may have got Terry however this time around we got the better of Bruce.
I should not be too harsh on our former manager and player,still hold a lot of respect for him,the way he came into B9 and turned us 7 points shy of the play off's into them and getting us into the Premiership after 6 long years away from the top flight,I would welcome him back should he ever become our manager in the future.
We have hope now,some extremely tough games coming up thick and fast,September looks so hard however we will get through it with maximum points ( yeah I must be drunk ) and go top by November :-)

KRO
Like post
Like this post
22 August 2017 21:47 Post ID: #8391 - in reply to #7373
Well out of the League Cup,OK that's fine now we can pay full attention to our ambition,Promotion.I am trying to remain positive,as long as we have Redknapp there is hope,class manager that we should all be proud to have.Results will come our way,hopefully very soon,a win in the league next match would really boost morale.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
23 August 2017 13:34 Post ID: #8395 - in reply to #7373
23/8/17,another day,news we are chasing after a striker who is very average at best who only manages 10 goals a season at an asking price of 10 million euros,please Harry put the money away and don't waste it on that striker.
More frustrating news as it appears Afriyie Acquah won't be joining us,that's a pity as he does look a decent player.Anyone we have been tracking and trying to bring in on a permanent contract seems to not be interested in joining us.
I have a feeling Harry will pull a rabbet out of the hat before the window closes,have no idea who just gut instinct.I hope I am right,the window is just a week away now however the three additions this week are a boost.We now have two young strikers in the ranks with Adams to come back,our attacking options have increased greatly.
We need a creative midfielder/winger or two to feed threatening balls to the strikers,if that can be addressed brilliant.Redknapp knows our strengths and weaknesses,I hope he builds upon the latter.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
23 August 2017 13:53 Post ID: #8396 - in reply to #7373
23/8/17 So we have Seb Bassong training with the squad,another player Redknapp is having a look at,at 31 he is ageing,drifts out of games all too frequently,his motivation is under question,Norwich don't want him anymore and are off loading him so what could he bring to us,too many errors appears to be the answer,certainly not as good as some we already have at the club however if Redknapp believes he can get the best out of him he might be worth a punt on,strikes me as an average player who really won't light up the Championship for us.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
23 August 2017 14:21 Post ID: #8397 - in reply to #7373
Another article in the media about standing once again at football grounds.Safe standing with the rail seats that are in place at Celtic appear to be a step in the right direction.It's a sensitive topic in view of Hillsborough,always will be following that awful tragedy that really was not any fault of the fans,we all know who was at fault there. The vast majority of fans would welcome the chance to have the option,rightly so too however the days of standing in mass will never come back,possibly rail seats can be rolled out to a limited extent at grounds,the Tilton faithful would welcome the chance to stand again however I can't ever see things going back to where they once were. Safety of fans has and must remain the most important thing,never again can we roll back the years to the 80's and all that went on in that era.So many improvements have been made at football stadiums,certainly in the top two tiers we now have fantastic facilities. I well remember the shambles that St Andrews had become,it was not a ground to be proud of in my younger years.Sullivan and the Gold brothers,we have a lot to thank them for for the stadium now is wonderful,if only we could finish it off with the main stand which still looks like a throwback to decades long gone.I fully understand the reasoning why it can't be developed,maybe one day things may change however I doubt I will live to see it. A move has been suggested to a council owned ground,something I would NEVER welcome,our home is B9 and we should stay with our roots and never change the name of the ground.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
24 August 2017 11:32 Post ID: #8399 - in reply to #7373
24/8/16 The press are jumping on BCFC once again probably because we grabbed the signing ( loan ) of Sam Gallagher on high wages.Sure it's a huge wage however we have needed a striker of quality,it looks like we have landed one in him,if it were Villa I doubt his wages would be reported so widely.I guess you have to speculate in order to accumulate and that's exactly what we have done.
Every signing has some degree of risk attached with it,I think it's a good bit of business.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2):
Jump to forum: