Birmingham City Forum - Join Us On Front Page Comments
Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Birmingham City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
What would you like to see more of on Vital Blues?
Suggested By:
Match previews 0%
Match reaction / analysis0%
Opinion pieces50%
News articles50%
Noting - I'm happy with the current content0%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ohio12
2.David Village6
3.Le Hane5
4.WayCoolBlue3
5.Rob Wildey12
6.Bluesince19801
7.greatsince681
8.Kramer1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Join Us On Front Page Comments
24 August 2017 16:09 Post ID: #8406 - in reply to #7373
This weekend's game is critical that we don't loose again,I fear if we do morale throughout the squad will drop and when that happens a run of defeats could happen with all the very tough games we have in September.A timely win could change things and set us up nicely as we face these upcoming games,Donaldson injured again,he was so good staying injury free only a couple of seasons ago,I fear age is catching up with him,so we look to Sam Gallagher and hopefully Vassell if he is fit to find the back of the net,Vasell looks a steal at the price we have payed,full of potential,brimming with both pace and ability,terrific to have two young strikes and of course Adams who is back in training.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
25 August 2017 14:19 Post ID: #8409 - in reply to #7373
25/8/17 Another day less on the transfer window another player who looks like he might elude us after the transfer looking imminent,Acquah bid rejected,another player the manager has been chasing for ages.There is still hope with this one provided his parent club can find a replacement.Frustrating is not good enough a word to describe how Redknapp must be feeling.Admittingly he has added a lot of quality with the players he has brought in,he has been unlucky with a few however the team is taking shape however it will need time to settle.I have said so a couple of times before,if Redknapp had two years with us and another two transfer windows he would build an extremely strong squad who certainly would be looking at promotion as their goal.We should enjoy the time we have with this manager for it will be many years before we have anyone of his like in the hot seat.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
25 August 2017 14:19 Post ID: #8410 - in reply to #7373
25/8/17 Another day less on the transfer window another player who looks like he might elude us after the transfer looking imminent,Acquah bid rejected,another player the manager has been chasing for ages.There is still hope with this one provided his parent club can find a replacement.Frustrating is not good enough a word to describe how Redknapp must be feeling.Admittingly he has added a lot of quality with the players he has brought in,he has been unlucky with a few however the team is taking shape however it will need time to settle.I have said so a couple of times before,if Redknapp had two years with us and another two transfer windows he would build an extremely strong squad who certainly would be looking at promotion as their goal.We should enjoy the time we have with this manager for it will be many years before we have anyone of his like in the hot seat.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
25 August 2017 14:19 Post ID: #8411 - in reply to #7373
KRO
Like post
Like this post
25 August 2017 15:13 Post ID: #8412 - in reply to #7373
25/8/17,another transfer on hold,Acquach signing has hit a predictable hurdle,they all seem to at the moment however all hope is not lost yet.
Redknapp has delivered us a team that is vastly improved upon from last season.I have a concern however,three of our signings are loan players and it's always hard to know if they will run their socks off week in week out for the cause of this Club or will they hold back a little,happy to pick up their wages in the knowledge they likely will be returning to their own club's come May.In Sam Galligher I can't see him just signing for his very high wages,he will want to impress this season in the hope he can get into the starting eleven when he returns to his club,this could and hopefully will be his real breakthrough season.He did fairly well with Blackburn last season,IF we can give him quality supply of the call consistently this season he could easily score much more frequently than his eleven goal tally last season.Vassell looks a steal at the price we paid for him,lightening fast,he could be anything from useless at this level to brilliant,I honestly feel the manager has picked up a real gem in him and he's OURS.Likewise we have Che Adams thanks to Gary Rowett ( who tried to nick him ) with a cheeky bid,finally we have two young forwards who could rip the Championship apart plus on loan Sam.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 12:57 Post ID: #8418 - in reply to #7373
As I head out to B9 a wry smile on my face after reading about the UFO seen above St Andrews in the midweek game against Bournemouth,have the little ET's an attacking midfielder that Mr Redknapp has not scouted for he according to all the press articles has gone through them here on terra firma,or perhaps the little men from space knew Vassell was going to get an injury and were willing to beam down a loan striker who would be a nippy little devil around the box.Happily driving to our hallowed ground with hope we can kick start our season today,at least I am the passenger and can look out of the window in hope of seeing our alien friends.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
29 August 2017 16:43 Post ID: #8434 - in reply to #7373
Ravel Morrison set for his medical to another club in Europe.At a time when we are looking to find creative midfielders we had one training with us and most probably the majority of us would have welcomed his signing for us.Redknapp obviously saw something different and simply would not budge with his small wages,he was worth a punt,if he is prepared to risk HUGE wages on Gallagher then why not risk a tiny fraction of that on Morrison? It baffles me in all honesty,such talent still to be untapped,someone somewhere will get the best our of Morrison,I thought that man would be Redknapp however I was wrong. As things stand a lot of my thinking on this manager has changed over the summer,so much valuable time wasted and our team now consists of way too many loan players.Come next May,as increasingly unlikely any promotion challenge will not materialise the manager will be gone,all the loan players will be gone and another season will be gone,a season that could and should have been used to bring in new players that we own building for the future.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
29 August 2017 20:38 Post ID: #8439 - in reply to #7373
29/8/17 Frustration has been growing with each passing day this month.Results have been dreadful.Transfer's have only really materialised in the loan market.We have jusr sold Ryan Shotton to one of the divisions big spenders who will be chasing automatic promotion this season yet the replacement who is supposed to improve the team comes in at a net gain of half a million pounds,that's hardly a player who is significantly going to improve the team.
Half the summer has been wasted chasing after players who were either a press stunt or ones that were never going to join us.The manager is now using the tactic of complaining that the team is not the team he wanted.Other managers have assembled their teams in the exact same amount of time so that one simply doesn't wash.
If TTA are not backing you Harry,walk now,if that's the case they coned you into taking the job.If they are backing you then it's down to you and you alone to somehow dig us out of the current mess we find ourselves in.Yes,you have been extremely unlucky with injuries,that's a given.Just over 48 hours until the transfer window shuts and we all suspect this team is no where near good enough.
I hope,really hope I write and have to swallow my harsh words,love you as a manager,hugely respect you as a manager and having an amazing ability to build up a rapport with the fans.Please deliver us some results and give us something to take away from these games.You have the best supporters by far in the land,a working class club,we are proud of Blues,we are proud to have you as manager however this is a results based industry and no one man is bigger than the club,if results continue as they are ( considering especially the so called easy start the press said we had ) the supporters will loose heart,the players will loose confidence and you will then loose your job,no one wants that to happen.
Too many signings have been loan players.We have not only to try to build for this season however put players in place who can perform for several seasons.All these loan signings will be gone in May and whoever takes over will have to rebuild completely again,you should have been building for the long term balanced against your desire to gain promotion this season.You possibly can still achieve this however the way you are talking it makes us all wonder what is happening behind the scenes.
Two or three long term signings,that's what's needed, a bit more experience to assist the younger players.It's now a huge ask unless you have a couple we are unaware of about to sign.Good luck Harry.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2017 14:59 Post ID: #8493 - in reply to #7373
1/9/17 Following a hectic last 48 hours,even extend that into the last week the manager had finally delivered good on his word,that he wanted to build a squad.For sure he has done half of his promise,this squad certainly is his now with a few inherited players still likely to make it into his starting eleven.Has he done enough though,that's a question I doubt Redknapp himself even knows,this team has to nit and bond quickly,get to know their strengths and weaknesses and put the best available eleven on the pitch.It has the potential to be an amazing season,the players have now to deliver,the manager and his assistants can guide them,put into place set pieces coach and train them however come kick off time he has to trust those he chooses to deliver.
A very interesting transfer window that has not followed Redknapp's usual route of bringing in old players he has worked with before.Many names were linked to us,few of them arrived however we now have much more talent and firepower.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2017 15:13 Post ID: #8494 - in reply to #7373
1/9/17 The transfer window has seen two players I have rated and respected shipped out on the last day,one we expected,Clayton Donaldson.Clayton has been a great professional from the moment he walked in through the St Andrews door.We had little to no money yet this player simply got on with the task in hand,scored many vital goals as honest and true a professional as you will find.Age and injuries have caught up with him however he probably has a couple of seasons left in him and I wish him well with the rest of his career.
Maikel Kieftenbeld surprisingly has been sold,I did not see this coming,he has held down a regular place under all three managers,a strong tackling midfielder,Gary Rowett came in three times to raid our best players,thankfully he failed with Adams and Davis however he has got MK at an undisclosed fee and I bet it was quite substantial.That's a bit worrying,was the manager under some pressure to bring in some income as he had spent a lot for us? One member here is saying £5.5 million.I am sorry to see him go,Rowett knows a good player and he has nicked one from us.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2017 17:33 Post ID: #8498 - in reply to #7373
1/9/17 There is one player who's name I am not in the least surprised we did chase after on the final day,Aden Flint has remained at Bristol City,now the silly season is over we need not regret his signing for us,the manager has brought in players wisely,to go anywhere near Bristol City's asking price would have been crazy,he is a good player and would have done well here however it was their right to reject our bids however their manager behaved in a disrespectful manner to Redknapp,he has a lot to learn,Flint would have been a great addition however once they came out with the £10 million asking price it was never going to happen.,
KRO
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2017 17:53 Post ID: #8499 - in reply to #7373
1/9/17 If we can hold our own this month without losing any more ground on the leaders we will have put ourselves in a strong position for the months ahead.September as soon as the fixtures were released jumped out as an incredibly difficult month.
Thankfully after all these players coming in these last 7 days we have a week off from league football.This break couldn't have come at a better time.The manager and his coaching staff can have a proper look at what they have brought in and work with them.It's great to have all these players causing the manager headaches in selecting the best side.He now has options all over the park,can utilise most of the squad in the Championship campaign and hopefully quickly turn our fortunes around.
I suspect by Christmas the manager will have made his mind up on whether to have a second season with us.I hope he does,one transfer window is incredibly hard to assemble a promotion team,if he were to have two more windows I believe we would get promoted under Redknapp.We are only a few games into the season,our start has been bad,September could be the month that changes our fortunes or it could be an awful month if the players don't click.Maybe he should take them away for a couple of days and have a mini pre season.He might have this in mind.In the old days they would be off to the pub on a bonding session,maybe one day at that could do more good than harm? First round is on the manager.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
01 September 2017 22:48 Post ID: #8505 - in reply to #7373
1/9/17 I am missing all the transfer talk,the speculation,the false press comments ( as Trump would call it " the fake press" ).less than 24 hours since the window shut I am suffering symptoms of withdrawal.Dismal match on TV with England flattering themselves with a 4-0 win over Malta,it's a win that's the main thing and the serious game comes midweek.Can England climb high enough in the world rankings to get seeded if they make it to the world cup,somehow I doubt it however never say never.No matter what,if we are seeded or not we all know the team is no where near good enough to win the trophy,Conor McGregor had a better chance of defeating Floyd Mayweather on Saturday than England winning the 2018 World Cup,I was too young to remember our win in 1966 and I am advancing in years rapidly and now doubt I will ever witness England to win.
Gone way off topic,have had plenty of time to reflect on the transfers,in the main I am well pleased,we did miss out on a couple who could have made a huge impact however we also landed some very decent players.I am a bit surprised that a few more were not loaned out however I would prefer a bigger pool of players,injuries and suspensions are bound to kick in at some stage and finally we appear to have cover all over the park.
There can be no hiding place for Harry now if he does not bring us some success,it's still a very big ask to turn around a team in one transfer window however Harry has done some good deals and at least has given us a shot at producing on the pitch.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
02 September 2017 13:56 Post ID: #8507 - in reply to #7373
Having just had a quick glance back at recent posts of mine has made me realise I have been unjustly harsh on our amazing manager,Frustration was getting the better of me and needless to say many other fans also.An apparent lack of action in the transfer market was worrying.This last week has been amazing,I can't remember such a week since the days of Barry Fry.Somehow Redknapp has brought in so many players of quality at the end of the window,he has proven the doubters wrong,he was right to hold out until the end and pick up bargain buys.Too many new names to cover,we have quality and quantity.Injuries and suspensions will kick in however for the first time in many seasons we look solid in depth and hpefully can come through this season in much better shape than last.
Time to notch up some wins,if we can do that in this incredibly difficult month we will find ourselves in a much better position.If we can eliminate too many draws we stand a fighting chance this season.
I would love for Redknapp to stay for a second year,if he did we would go into next season as on of the favourites for promotion,I have not given up hope it could happen this season,it's critical though that we don't loose any more ground on the play off spots for get to far adrift and it can be incredibly hard to catch up.
Hoping for an amazing season now with our new team.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: