Birmingham City Forum - Join Us On Front Page Comments
Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Birmingham City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
How will Blues do against Millwall?
Suggested By:
Win 39%
Draw3%
Lose58%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ohio28
2.Bluesince198011
3.David Village11
4.Le Hane7
5.greatsince685
6.WayCoolBlue1
7.Kramer1
8.Brooklyn1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Join Us On Front Page Comments
13 August 2017 16:33 Post ID: #8327 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
So a new week has begun,I though every day last week some positive breaking news of a transfer was bound to happen.Redknapp still says he wants 5 or so new additions before the end of the month,I now can't see that happening,in order to achieve that he needs to complete a signing,one player every three days,He has had all summer only to add three new faces.Sure he has had some bad luck,the Badu situation immediately springs to mind yet I do feel he has lingered too long on certain players,Terry for example,why put in a bid if he wasn't going to chase it up.I am quite happy we didn't spend so much on a player who clearly has seen his best days gone a couple of seasons ago.If Redknapp is to bring in five players we will be reading an awful lot in the coming days.
The team is average at the moment,a winger and two forwards are required at the very least,anything else will be a bonus,anything less will be a shambles.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
13 August 2017 16:45 Post ID: #8329 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
So the Vile got stuffed yesterday with all the money they have spent assembling their team as yet they have to reap the rewards.Finally they can look at the Championship as a league not to be scoffed at.I'm pretty sure their fans only ever looked at it in the past to see how we were doing,in hope we would be struggling.That we have done on two occasions in recent years and hands up we have been very lucky twice to stay up.
It's not quite so easy as they probably thought.Last season they spent so many millions,pretty positive they thought an immediate return to the Premiership would be a piece of cake.Now they are realising that the quality in this division is competitive and stern.No club is too big for a thrashing.I do think they will be contenders this season however if they don't sort themselves out mightily quickly it could be a repeat performance,Great to see us sitting above them.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
15 August 2017 16:30 Post ID: #8342 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
15/8/16 half way through the month,we have added in Luton's impressive striker,it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the Championship,it's a big jump two leagues however others have done it before.If he can carry on scoring in the manner he has done so for Luton potentially we could have a real gem on our hands.
The press is spinning a worrying story,the striker that is Eder,I hope they are having a laugh,this man has only scored twelve times in two seasons splitting the goals six per season.We already have two strikers who can amass that miserable amount.If this club is looking to bring in a 29 year old striker who can only score six goals a season it really does show what ambition TTA have. I hope there is no merit in this crazy story.
Blues v Bolton tonight KRO
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2017 18:31 Post ID: #8359 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
17/8/17 A day of mixed feelings,pulled out of one deal due to difficulties over a work permit,looking to try and buy another for 10 million euros.Redknapp seemingly pulling the plug on a transfer for Ravel Morrison and news we have offered Downing a two year contract ( which his wage demands could easily prevent this from happening.
Redknapp has only offered peanuts for Morrison's part wage payment,in my opinion he should be doing more to bring this troubled player in however there probably is a reason for his lack of interest,at worst he would be a very good squad player who could use his undoubted ability when given an opportunity.
What will tomorrow bring?
KRO
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2017 18:38 Post ID: #8360 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
17/08/2017 Burton tomorrow,an away match that we really should be targeting as an opportunity to steal the three points.I love seeing Burton in the Championship,I would like to see them survive however I would rather they start picking up points after this match.They will not be fearing us just yet after all we only finished one point ahead of them last season. This team is slowly evolving under Redknapp,hoping the improved defence can keep a clean sheet and Vassell can score his first goal for us.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
25 August 2017 22:46 Post ID: #8416 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
25/8/17 Perhaps the vine juice is flowing too freely through my body,tomorrow's game is on my mind,having looked back,read what others are thinking we all are nervous,Reading really is a huge game already in a period of games where we were drawn against teams relatively modest we maybe should have done better.It's work in progress for Redknapp,we really do need to somehow grab all three points to steal ourselves for what looks like a very difficult September.If by November we are within six points of the playoff's I would take it now.
Football has been a passion for so many years,we bluenoses are amazing fans,nothing ever comes easy to us and whenever we taste success we deserve it.Please,a win tomorrow and put a smile back on real brummies faces.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
25 August 2017 22:46 Post ID: #8417 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
25/8/17 Perhaps the vine juice is flowing too freely through my body,tomorrow's game is on my mind,having looked back,read what others are thinking we all are nervous,Reading really is a huge game already in a period of games where we were drawn against teams relatively modest we maybe should have done better.It's work in progress for Redknapp,we really do need to somehow grab all three points to steal ourselves for what looks like a very difficult September.If by November we are within six points of the playoff's I would take it now.
Football has been a passion for so many years,we bluenoses are amazing fans,nothing ever comes easy to us and whenever we taste success we deserve it.Please,a win tomorrow and put a smile back on real brummies faces.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
04 September 2017 16:56 Post ID: #8515 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
4/9/17 So the manager has said what many of us are already thinking,judge us in 20 or so games time,not now,not next week,the players have to adjust and adapt to one another,to their new club and to whatever formation the manager adopts.It won't all fall into place overnight,there will be a period of transition,hopefully during this period we can hold our own and not loose too much ground.By the new year we should have a team playing a style the manager and his assistants want,a system that will be vastly improved with these new players,finally we have genuine options,not only will we have a quality starting eleven we will also have talent sitting on the bench,players who can turn a game around when things are not going our way.
We have to accept we will loose a few whilst this transition is in progress,so long as we win as many as we loose we should keep pace and then we might find ourselves in a position to really push for a top six finish,it's possible however certainly won't be easy.This division is littered with top class clubs,the majority will think they have a shot at promotion.It could be very tight from top to bottom and lady luck will need to be with us too,every team that get's promoted usually has a good slice of luck in several of their games.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2017 17:00 Post ID: #8518 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
6/9/17 So Talk Sport's super computer has predicted where we will finish,they are saying we won't be playing Championship football next season,initially that sounds good however go on and read their prediction and they have us not in the top two and not in the top six but in the BOTTOM three.That sends a shiver down my spine.
I doubt this computer has taken into account the wholesale changes that have been made to the squad in the last couple of weeks.More likely it's based on a poor start against teams we really should have taken more points from.The computer can't think rationally,it is calculated mathematically I presume on recent results,takes no notice of the quality we have added and can't compute the effect of a manager who has seen and done it all before.
September is a huge month for us and our chances,the fixtures come thick and fast against some of the strongest teams in this league,provided we don't loose much ground on the top few ad pick up points,if we get through this month in reasonably good shape then we would have a genuine chance in the remainder of the season to show all what this new team is all about.It's critical to our season though that we don't have a bad month.If we can hold our own I do believe now we will have a chance this season.Two weeks ago my thinking was completely different,the lack of transfer action was worrying however once again Redknapp proved all the doubters wrong and has drastically improved the team and our chances.
September is HUGE for us,an away win at Norwich would really boost morale,prove to the players that they are capable as a group.No one has given us much of a chance this season.The bookies are rarely wrong however Redknapp is a man who can work wonders,write us off at your peril.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2017 18:57 Post ID: #8519 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
FREE HOME OR AWAY SHIRTS

With transfers,both in the Premiership and Championship reaching crazily new highs it's on the horizon that there will be a collapse in the game of football.We all know transfer fees have gotten completely out of hand just like a runaway train,so have players wages.Football is literally kicking itself in the foot and destroying itself.TV money is currently supporting the game,without it every club would struggle in the top flight.Season tickets are too high,replica kits too high,players gees and wages crazily high.
Clubs,please do something for your loyal fans,for every season ticket sold give that person the option of a home or away top.They don't cost much to make,again the selling prices are over inflated.It would be a small gesture to give every season holder the choice of a free home/away shirt.Itwould probably increase season ticket sales to an extent,it would free up some money for fans to buy a second shirt of their choice.
It's time those in charge gave something back.Many of us travel all over the country to follow our team,it would be a lovely gesture to give something back to the fans,if needed take just half a day's pay off these hugely overpaid players. The majority of our hero's come from a working class background,surely they would not begrudge giving something back to the community who loyally follows them.Just a thought.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2017 19:55 Post ID: #8520 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
Tilton Talk on facebook,have to say this show is going from strength to strength,it's rare for me to miss a show now,the presenters have done an amazing job which is the envy of many Villa fans.I love the show,the talk is geared directly for us bluenoses,always covering the topics we want to discuss.I enjoy it all the more as the presenters don't go in with a set script,they feed off what we post,making us part of the show.Occasionally if you follow the live feed to will see a Vile fan trying to be clever,thankfully they are always spotted and ignored.
Have mentioned this before however I do feel strongly about it so will mention it once again,Blues TV has not lied up to all it's hype.Granted it's still early days for it and maybe behind the scenes they are working hard on it to improve it's content and delivery.Given the choice if I could only pick between it and Tilton Talk I would opt for the latter and Blues TV should have scouted around for presenters.I can think of two sources immediately,those who present Tilton Talk,they would do a great job if given the chance and we also have Davo.No need with Blues fans to even say his full name,we all know him or of him and the majority of us watch his you tube blogs,another one who should have been considered for Blues TV.
OK guys,that's all I have on Blues TV,they have a lot yet to do to make it really worth subscribing to it,I was not impressed with it's first month however will give it more time hoping they get it to where it should be.

KRO
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2017 14:23 Post ID: #8521 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
7/9/17 So breaking news today tells us Birmingham have been selected above Liverpool to possibly hold the 2022 Commonwealth Games.I would welcome that,it would bring jobs and investment and hugely improved facilities to the region.
It has been also muted that a new stadium could be built to host the athletics,field and track events and following the games this new stadium,owned by the council could be the new home for BCFC,now that's certainly not a move I would welcome.We already have a great stadium,all that is lacking is the re development of the main stand,the rest of the stadium is fine and can be expanded if needed.There are however issues with the main stand,residential housing behind it has prevented it's re development so far however in time I can see that changing as the properties that are blocking development are ageing and in time will be deemed unsuitable by the council,at that point I do believe whoever owns the club will have the option to finally finish off the stadium bringing every section as state of the art design.
These new proposals of a new home for Blues,a ground that we could never call our own I would hate to see imposed.The arena would be too far from the playing pitch,look at Man City who inherited their stadium after Manchester hosting the games,look at West Ham who inherited the Olympic stadium,wonderful new facilities granted however the atmosphere can never be the same when the fans are so far away,the running track no doubt would be lifted however that would leave a huge void of green grass,the atmosphere generated by the fans is lost to a large extent,as you can tell I am not a fan of these converted athletics arena's into football stadium's.
We all identify with St Andrews as the home of Birmingham City FC, a move away would not appeal to me at all however I really do fear if Birmingham win the race to hold the games in 2022 we are very likely to be offered the stadium after the games have finished.
I guess opinion would be very much divided on this,some would welcome a brand new stadium with a much increased capacity,others like me would prefer to see the main stand finally completed and remain at our historic home.
I can't see Villa ever wanting to move,they may be our rivals and on match days we don't like each other much however Villa Park is an impressive stadium so long as you don't suffer with vertigo and those dreadful colours,B9 is our home,I hope it stays that way however I do believe any owner would love to sell our asset and rent out a newly built ground.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2017 18:44 Post ID: #8526 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
7/9/17 Che Adams has signed a 5 year contract for the club,music to my ears,hanging on to our prized assets has something we have not been able to do for many seasons now.Under the old regime he would have been sold and also we would have basically the same squad as last season.TTA really have proven their ambition,many of us doubted them however they have dug deep and have allowed the manager to build his squad.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2017 18:48 Post ID: #8527 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
7/9/17 Kieftenbeld's transfer to Derby has failed,apparently a signature was in the wrong section on part of the paperwork.Derby's loss is our gain,he certainly still has plenty to offer and hopefully he will wish to prove Redknapp wrong in trying to off load him for less than half a million.I hope the manager gives him a fair crack at getting into the side,he would walk straight into many championship first teams,this clerical error could well prove to work out in our favour.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2017 18:57 Post ID: #8528 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
7/9/17 Can't wait to see Jota in action,he's truly a different level to what we have been used to.Provided he can remain injury free wow,what a player to be wearing the royal blue shirt,he has the potential to rip other teams apart with his undoubted skill.I doubt we would have him without Redknapp,the manager really has delivered in turning around the squad.It's not just the numbers he has brought in,he truly has assembled a side brimming with youth,experience and quality.
Now it's all about building points ASAP.This could well be the most exciting season we have had in years.The fans are bursting with hope,genuine hope that we can do something this season.Thank you Harry,it couldn't have been done without you.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
08 September 2017 14:36 Post ID: #8534 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
8/9/17 It seems like an age since our last dismal game,so much has changed at our club over the last two weeks,tomorrow we travel to Norwich who themselves will be looking to bounce back from a thrashing in their last outing against Millwall.Who would have guessed they would beat Norwich 4-0,I certainly wouldn't have guessed that scoreline,Milwall I would imagine would settle to consolidate this season in the Championship whereas Norwich will be hoping for better and you would imagine them to be one of the leading teams in this league.
It's always dangerous facing a side that has been so hammered in their last game,the players have a lot to prove and on their own turf they certainly will fancy their chances against a Birmingham team that have not played together.They go into the game as favourites,our new players too will be out to impress,they have to start somewhere,a draw would be something,probably it would be a good result however following a bad start we need to start winning a few now and that won't be easy with a whole new team trying to blend together.We certainly have a fair chance and it will be more than interesting to see who the manager starts and how he sets the team up.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
19 September 2017 18:53 Post ID: #8566 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
19/9/17 The sacking of Harry Redknapp has left a very bitter taste,so much so that I am going to take a while off posting on Vital Football until we know who our next manager is.It's impossible to be rational at the moment with no stability at the helm and alas I do now believe with these owners they are out and out businessman,expect instant returns on their investments and therefore don't have the foresight of sticking with a decent manager. In sacking both Rowett and Redknapp they have proved they know little about football,both are excellent managers and both sacked for the wrong reasons.
Redknapp in reality only had three games with his new squad,sure three losses were a blow however the team really needed time to settle,adapt and adjust to each other and their new environment,something TTA were not prepared to wait for.I do feel certain the manager would have turned things around and would have had us well up the league come May.In reality he needed at least three transfer windows to make us promotion material,Redknapp could manage any club in his sleep.It's crazy that he was not given time with all his new additions.
Any new manager will want to change things and make the team his,this will be incredibly hard to do at the moment with a team of new players,whoever comes in I will support fully,we roll with the tides,we keep right on through joys and sorrows.At the moment it's impossible to be rational,any comments are guesswork until we have some stability.What decent manager would want this job with trigger happy owners.In the Sullivan/Gold era we were used to having managers on a long term basis,that's all out of the window now,who knows how many they will sack if the team have a bad patch.
I know few if any read my long winded posts however I will come back as soon as sanity returns to St Andrews.There WILL be good times,we are the most loyal fans in the country.
KRO............hope to be back posting soon.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: