Birmingham City Forum - Join Us On Front Page Comments
Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Birmingham City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Which player could benefit most from a fresh start?
Suggested By:
Jonathan Grounds5%
Marc Roberts14%
David Davis10%
Maikel Kieftenbeld64%
David Cotterill7%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ohio10
2.David Village6
3.Le Hane5
4.Rob Wildey11
5.Bluesince19801
6.Kramer1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2):
Join Us On Front Page Comments
03 November 2016 15:58 Post ID: #7374
New User
Please join us on the front page article comments.

Easy logins with facebook and twitter (or register)

http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
18 July 2017 19:54 Post ID: #8158 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
Vital Birmingham,an amazing place to read all up to date Blues News,breaking news,transfers.We are in for a ride this season with Harry Redknapp leading the Blues Army,hopefully to the promised land of the Premiership.
A small matter to deal with first of course,navigating our way through the trials and tribulations of the Championship.What better than to have both Aston Villa and Birmingham City battling it out for those elusive top two places.Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride,with passion in our hearts,sing,KRO.
Like post
Like this post
20 July 2017 20:48 Post ID: #8164 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
The new season is only weeks away,many of us are counting down the days,with huge anticipation that 'Arry's Army will lead us to a top six finish.I am sure almost all would be satisfied with that however I think Mr Redknapp secretly is hoping for better,he has already stated his goal is top 6 or he would consider the season as a failure.
Maybe Harry is putting himself in a no win position after all it's a huge ask to turn around relegation battlers into promotion hopefuls in less than a year.I wish he had of signed a two year contract,by doing so this season could have been our building foundation,locating and signing the right sort of player then integrating them into the team and of course imposing his game plan.In my opinion that is a two year program however Harry is not a man to shy away from a challenge as he showed us in the final three games last season.If say we end up finishing 7th it would be a good achievement in a year and all the foundations would be in place for a very strong challenge the following season,sadly he would see this as failure and probably retire.
So we are doing things the hard way,trying to achieve huge success whilst also building half of a new team.Several of our rivals will be simply fine tuning what they already have with a couple of quality additions.Others will throw stupid money at building for success.We are somewhere in between...
Hope is so high with us Bluenoses,many seasons have passed since we had such a manager,a man respected throughout the football world.He has seen it all before,there is not a trick in the book that he is not aware of.We certainly are blessed to have this manager.
Looking forward three or so weeks time,the big kick off,the experts say we have an easy start to the season,I disagree,no team in this division will be a walkover.I suspect we will win many games we won't be fancied to win and Blues being Blues we will loose a few to opponents we would expect to beat.It's going to be one hell of a roller-coaster,fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride and of course Keep Right On.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2017 18:09 Post ID: #8193 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
Reading the press,the negative comments being made regarding a lack of action in the transfer market so far by Birmingham City FC,it makes you wonder who is writing this material,are they followers of our rivals ( will refrain from naming them in order to remain polite ).That reminds me of the interview Craig Gardner did after we stayed up on the final day last season,he went on to say he would not mention our rivals however couldn't contain himself in the excitement of our amazing recovery from disaster.
Getting back on topic these reporters seem to overlook the fact that we have already signed three new players in key areas.David Stockdale was the best keeper in the division last season and will be a formidable figure between the posts this season coming.In midfield we have signed a man mountain in the name of Cheikh Ndoye,we bluenoses are going to have a lot of exciting moments with this player,he will dominate in midfield,will defend well and what a bonus to have such an imposing figure attacking.Then we have Marc Roberts,a throw back to the olden days,a traditional no fuss defender who also has some good ability on the ball.
So come on you journalists,stop giving BCFC a hard time intimating we are doing little in the transfer market,those three players are class,will be a credit to our club and help our cause immensely.Before the window shuts we will have additions,we know a few names that could arrive however I bet one will emerge that will surprise us all.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
01 August 2017 21:29 Post ID: #8223 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
Ohio has raised the point that our club may be going through a takeover,thankfully he is contacting Brian Dick in an effort to see exactly what the current situation is.I hope so much that the news is good,that TTA are staying put and backing our manager Redknapp. We are so fortunate to have him,I was amazed when he took the role for those last three games,we looked doomed until we witnessed a turnaround against the vile,even though we lost that game we all could see the immediate improvement in the teams performance.The vile would have loved to relegated us,Redknapp worked wonders to get the team rolling on to win the final two matches.
Only posting this as a concern,a huge concern has been raised,I hope the feedback will be positive,that the owners are staying put and backing the manager.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2017 18:26 Post ID: #8230 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
2/8/16 So so frustrated with the lack of players walking into St Andrews.I am always as positive as possible,today has really been bad with the bid for the two Bristol City players rejected.Keane was up for joining Birmingham yet he appears set to be going to India,I just wonder if Harry let this one slip by,for sure his age is against him however he would have scored a fair quantity of goals,he could have been the new Kevin Phillips who did us a great job when he signed at a similar age.I am sure if Redknapp had of made an official approach Keane would now be here...So we still are lacking anything new in the forwards department.You can't win games without scoring and our two centre forwards are at best average,one ageing.I hate being critical,I do think we have let a golden opportunity slip us by.
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2017 18:45 Post ID: #8231 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
2/8/16 Critical,we need at the very least one striker,ideally two.Look at what Middlesborough are doing,sure they have the parachute payments to assist them which gives an unfair advantage,the Vile also benefiting from these parachute payments.Yes we had them however I am not sure that they are fair on other Championship clubs.Hugill/Keane would have been an awful lot better than what we have.It's essential,vital and pressing that the manager addresses this department in this window.He is building from the back,that's good,if you don't ship a goal you get at least a point,it's time,actually well over time we had a proven goal scorer join us. I honestly thought the name Redknapp would attract many players due to his vast experience. As of today my concerns are growing rapidly,the current team are not strong enough to challenge,mid table is all we can hope for unless some essential signings are captured.The season is 4 days away and BCFC are not ready,other clubs are. KRO
Like post
Like this post
04 August 2017 16:07 Post ID: #8248 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
4/8/16 No new additions this week unless something happens today.With every passing day the fans are growing rightly so more and more frustrated with such little success in the transfer window.We travel to Portman Road,we have hope of course,with Juke injured probably for several weeks our options are so limited up front.It would be interesting to see Ndoye potentially tried as a forward,he plays that role for his national team,might be worth trying it for a while ? Donaldson will give his all however he is ageing and prone to injury,let's hope nothing happens to him tomorrow.
Still trying to be positive,we will go away winners 1-2 KRO
Like post
Like this post
05 August 2017 15:09 Post ID: #8257 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
Finally after almost three months of no football we will all be chomping at the bit to see our pride our passion that is Birmingham City FC kick start their opener in the Championship.Ideally a home match would have been better with a sell out St Andrews cheering on out team and out much respected Manager in his first game as permanent manager for this season at least.Our opener at Portman Road will show how much we have evolved with the three additions,all three most probably will start.A draw would not be a disaster,any points away from home are always welcome however we will be hoping for more.Good luck lads,fight with pride for our club,as long as we see real desire,and improvement from the second half of last season we will be more confident that this season will be better than last.Three points would awesome,it's not a sprint though it's a very long and tough marathon. KRO
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2017 14:22 Post ID: #8262 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
It's time for Harry Redknapp to stake over in negotiate when dealing with potential signings,he himself has admitted it's not him doing it,who is? I presume currently it's the director of football Vertre,possibly with someone from TTA. Redknapp has a way with words,he is charismatic,his charm and character could be what's needed navigating all the hurdles.
Like post
Like this post
06 August 2017 14:43 Post ID: #8263 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
The game at Portman Road has highlighted all of our fears.The lack of a goalscorer will hamper our season and if it is not addressed the spectre of another relegation battle could be all we are in for.I am being pessimistic I know and it's too early,way too early to judge this team with it's three additions.It's clear for all to see the rebuilding has a long way to go.I have said in other posts ideally Redknapp should be with us for two years in order to re build this team.Trying to do it in one season is hard,trying to do it in two transfer windows is extremely hard,trying to do it in one is almost impossible.If he stays for a second season and I guess he will have made his mind up on that by Christmas,he would have all of this season to assemble the individual players required then come this time next year we could be talking about a realistic chance of promotion. Our expectations were so high when he signed,he will improve the side,I can't see us in a relegation battle under him however with the players we currently have I can't see any promotion either.Critical additions are needed NOW,two strikers,a winger are the priority.Games are coming fast now the season has started.One loss,it's not panic stations yet however without additions it well could be in six weeks time with that September schedule,it looks so tough,come October we will know an awful lot more,I hope by then we can at least hold our own. KRO
Like post
Like this post
09 August 2017 17:35 Post ID: #8289 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
Another offer made for Flint,another one rebuffed by Bristol City.The manager is talking about only having five defenders.My count is more however it's crazy that it looks like Shotton is on his way out and the Flint move is unlikely to happen.A valuation of £10 million is crazy,we already have a player who in my opinion is equally as good as he is in Shotton. Let's presume Flint is signed,Morrison would likely have to make way for him then again we will have another unsettled player. Forget about Flint,keep Shotton happy and spend the money on at least one striker,ideally two plus a creative midfielder.With that in mind I hope Cotterill is not overlooked,he still has plenty to offer if given the chance. KRO
Like post
Like this post
10 August 2017 12:38 Post ID: #8296 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
10/8/16,It's getting ever increasingly worrying with each passing day and no new players added to the squad,one glimmer of hope is the breaking news that we are to sign Ogenyi Onazi from Trabzonspor for a reported fee of around £4 million.That's a lot of dosh for us,hoping Harry has plenty more to add a striker to play alongside Che Adams.Reports also suggest Stephen Gleeson may be on his way to Pompey,if he is to leave I hope we bring in a replacement first,if we do sign Onazi that might open the door for Gleeson's exit. He has served us well over the last four years,if he goes I wish him well with the rest of his career. KRO

Like post
Like this post
12 August 2017 12:42 Post ID: #8310 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
12/8/17 Here we go,off to St Andrews to watch the match,Bristol City,not at all fond of them under this current manager they have.So they wanted to relegate us last game of the season,I hope this team can put up an equally determined performance as they did on the last day of the season,we have to get off zero points ASAP,the longer we stay there the more worried I will become.Should be a fairly even match,Bristol are a good team,I can't see them fighting off relegation this time around.We are all hoping for 3 points today. KRO
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2017 23:24 Post ID: #8322 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
12/8/16 A good and bad day for BCFC,the bad first,a worrying injury to Che Adams,he could be out for a couple of months which highlights the urgency we have of needing a striker,Donaldson is the only forward available,his work rate never drops however age is catching up with his athletic ability,he appears to have lost some pace however he will fight right onto the end for this club.
Maikel Kieftenbeld,sent off unjustly,hope this decision is reversed.
Positive,to beat Bristol City,to put their upstart of a manager in his place,have to admit they are looking a stronger team this time around and come May I can't see them at the bottom.
3 points...great.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
12 August 2017 23:24 Post ID: #8323 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
12/8/16 A good and bad day for BCFC,the bad first,a worrying injury to Che Adams,he could be out for a couple of months which highlights the urgency we have of needing a striker,Donaldson is the only forward available,his work rate never drops however age is catching up with his athletic ability,he appears to have lost some pace however he will fight right onto the end for this club.
Maikel Kieftenbeld,sent off unjustly,hope this decision is reversed.
Positive,to beat Bristol City,to put their upstart of a manager in his place,have to admit they are looking a stronger team this time around and come May I can't see them at the bottom.
3 points...great.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
13 August 2017 12:13 Post ID: #8325 - in reply to #7374
Veteran
13/8/16 A day of reflection,happy that we beat Bristol City,dreafuul to go a goal behind in one min.The team showed spirit to come back however the injury to Adams overshadowed what should have been a great day,added to that the crazy red card for Kieftenbeld,if that's not withdrawn by these new league panels it will further hamper us.
Adams in my opinion was critical to the team this season,how worse can it get unless TTA get their money out and SPEND.The Luton striker looks good however it's a big jump in standard from league 2 to the Championship,he might quickly adapt,I hope so.Another striker alongside his addition is needed.
Great to be above the vile,quite surprised they have got off to a bad start,as much as I hate to say it I do believe they have a serious shot at promotion this season.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2):
Jump to forum: