Birmingham City Forum - Match Day Officials v Crawley (8/8/17)
Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Birmingham City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
What reception will you be giving Gary Rowet tomorrow?
Suggested By:
I'll boo12%
I'll clap 44%
I'll sing his name0%
Nothing - he's irrelevant44%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ohio16
2.WayCoolBlue13
3.David Village8
4.Bluesince19806
5.Le Hane3
6.greatsince682
7.gazal2
8.Rob Wildey11
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Match Day Officials v Crawley (8/8/17)
06 August 2017 20:44 Post ID: #8265
The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Crawley Town this Tuesday.

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 August 2017 19:30 Post ID: #8280 - in reply to #8265
Let us just hope Michael Sailsbury is on form tonight and reads the game correctly,we can do without our players getting any yellow ( even worse red ) cards tonight. Hope the manager puts out a full strength team,they need gelling together and this match is an ideal opportunity.It's always a balancing act deciding how much the manager really wants a Cup run when compared to concentrating on the league.It appears no top two tiers ever take this competition serious unless they reach the semi finals stage.Just look back how much Arsenal wanted to win it in the latter stages when we beat their best 11. KRO
Like post
Like this post
08 August 2017 19:30 Post ID: #8281 - in reply to #8265
Let us just hope Michael Sailsbury is on form tonight and reads the game correctly,we can do without our players getting any yellow ( even worse red ) cards tonight. Hope the manager puts out a full strength team,they need gelling together and this match is an ideal opportunity.It's always a balancing act deciding how much the manager really wants a Cup run when compared to concentrating on the league.It appears no top two tiers ever take this competition serious unless they reach the semi finals stage.Just look back how much Arsenal wanted to win it in the latter stages when we beat their best 11. KRO
Like post
Like this post
10 August 2017 14:53 Post ID: #8299 - in reply to #8265
Thankfully we managed to navigate our way through this with a very good display.Now it's the day of the second round draw.With teams being seeded on last seasons finishing positions we will face much sterner competition.
Cup ties should NOT be seeded,it always was the luck of the draw,it gives advantage to the Premiership teams as if they needed it.It makes it so much harder for lower league clubs ( including ourselves ) to progress.I would love for us to have both a Cup run and success in the league.It can be argued that if we are to challenge for promotion ideally we could do without extra games.
Our success in 2011 highlights dangers attached with success,focus was lost in the weeks after winning the Cup against Arsenal,that loss of focus was in part the reason for relegation.I feared just that after our amazing triumph,that the players would suffer in the glory of sweet success and my fears materialised with bad form in the league.
Despite past experience I still would wish for a run at this historic competition,1963,2011,how great it would be to add 2017 and complete a trio. KRO
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Birmingham City Fixtures  >>