Birmingham City Forum - Reflection: Birmingham City's summer transfer window
Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Birmingham City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
How will Blues do against Millwall?
Suggested By:
Win 41%
Draw4%
Lose55%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ohio25
2.Bluesince198011
3.Le Hane7
4.David Village7
5.greatsince685
6.WayCoolBlue1
7.Kramer1
8.Brooklyn1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Reflection: Birmingham City's summer transfer window
01 September 2017 18:32 Post ID: #8503
Luke Turner reflects on Birmingham City's transfer window

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
01 September 2017 19:58 Post ID: #8504 - in reply to #8503
I can't agree with Luke, I can't see that 'arry has bought in any real quality, he appears to have done his usual and hoovered up players of dubious quality who he hopes will string a few results together. I fear we are in for another difficult season.
Like post
Like this post
02 September 2017 12:45 Post ID: #8506 - in reply to #8503
I see it differently to the above comment and have already posted about the transfers however this article sums up what I have said in various posts either here or under news articles.The manager has done very well,he truly can call this his team now and no longer can he hide behind saying it's not his team.
Sure we were frustrated for long periods where nothing appeared to be happening.The John Terry farce was just a distraction,I am so pleased we did not waste all that money on a player of his age,no way will he complete a full season,Roberts was a better option for the long term.Flint was another distraction,a waste of time and effort,he will never join us now.We have competition for places all over the pitch,that's healthy,no individual player has his name stamped on the team sheet.We have young players with plenty to prove,we have players who are vastly experienced,it's a mixed bag of youth and experience,it's a new era and I am much happier with our new and improved team than I was a few weeks ago.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
02 September 2017 14:13 Post ID: #8508 - in reply to #8503
A brief summary on our transfe's.Redknapp has addressed all areas on the pitch from goalkeeper through defence into midfield and attack.In no recent transfer window have I witnessed such a dramatic turnaround.We have gone from a squad who has been struggling for almost a year to a brand new squad with some familiar players still with us.No recent manager has had the options Redknapp has crafted for himself,clearly he has been putting in some very long hours to assemble this impressive squad
Even now I am reading comments from some that the manager has not done enough.We don't have parashute payments like those who have dropped down in the last three or so years.The Vile have out spent us again yet as last season proved wasting a vast fortune is no guarantee of success.They may have beaten us to Terry,I for one am glad they did for in Roberts we have a player for several seasons not just one,at his age an injury could be devastating and that's a worry for them and not us.
We have now to allow the manager to get on with his job,he wants promotion and he will do everything possible to deliver on his dream.Following a very poor start and a tough month to get through we have some catching up to do.Every team will have a bad patch,hopefully we have had ours now and we can begin to steadily climb the table.We certainly won't be in the trouble of last season,how hig can we fly,I don't know however finally we have real hope and it's a long time since we have had that.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
03 September 2017 14:57 Post ID: #8509 - in reply to #8503
3/9/17 Have had plenty of time now to reflect back on an amazing transfer window.Only two weeks ago I was seriously beginning to doubt our ambition,I was half expecting the manager to announce that he was not getting the backing he was promises,clearly my thought pattern was way off.
I do however feel we wasted a fair bit of time,I think the manager missed out on a super sub that Robbie Keane would have been if only the manager had chased after him,he was making all the right comments and I feel he would have joined us given the opportunity.I guess we won't know the full story until one of them sells it to the press.His wages probably would have been huge and given his age one year would have been the most we could have expected.Taking all that into account I guess Sam Gallagher was the wiser option if we could only bring one of the two in,he is young,hungry for experience and has the potential to set this team alight.
Very sad to see our loyal servant Clayton Donaldson leave however we all expected this to happen,In a dark period in our history Donaldson proved his worth,especially so in his first season with us, Often leading the line as a loan striker he had the craft and ability to hold onto the ball and bring others into play,will miss him,there is no room for sentiment in football however Donaldson is a name I will always remember,thank you and KRO.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: