Birmingham City Forum - Transfer news: Blues set to sign free agent defender
Vital Football

Latest Birmingham City News

Birmingham City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
How will Blues do against Millwall?
Suggested By:
Win 41%
Draw4%
Lose55%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ohio25
2.Bluesince198011
3.Le Hane7
4.David Village7
5.greatsince685
6.WayCoolBlue1
7.Kramer1
8.Brooklyn1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Transfer news: Blues set to sign free agent defender
04 September 2017 13:02 Post ID: #8514
Former Spurs defender Sebastien Bassong is poised to join Blues

Click here to read the article

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 September 2017 13:51 Post ID: #8516 - in reply to #8514
I have to agree 100% with the article,in Sebastien Bassong we will be getting a more than capable defender who is not only proven at this level but also in the Premiership too.His age isn't a huge concern,sure he's over 30 however players do tend in general to have longer careers nowadays if they remain totally dedicated and look after themselves.
Look at what we might have done,if Terry had of joined us on silly money and a very advanced age for this ;level of football it's very unlikely Redknapp could have afforded all those he brought in.He wavered after making that initial offer to Terry and thankfully the Vile snapped him up,what we have done is invest wisely,Villa on the other hand have been cavalier and reckless.
More strength in depth added to the heart of defence,music to my ears.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2017 13:41 Post ID: #8517 - in reply to #8514
I have not read nor heard any more on this since the article was published.I guess with so many players already added the manager is in no immediate hurry to rush through this transfer.He already has his work cut out trying to establish firmly in his own mind who to play and what style of play to adopt.This will probably change according to the opposition and where a game is to be played.For Harry it must now be similar to walking into a new job,his playing staff has changed so much in such a short time,I would imagine he has welcomed the international break to work with his squad and prepare them for Norwich.
It's now so difficult to predict what we might do or how we will perform,as the manager himself has said "judge us after 20 games",we certainly will be doing that however in the meantime he has to select a team that can grind out results.If it takes us 20 games to get any consistency then this season will be difficult,if however somehow the team clicks quickly fortunes could quickly turn for the better.Almost impossible at this stage to predict what might happen however these changes were badly needed,without this manager one thing is for sure,Blackburn would be in this league and we would probably have had to spend at least a couple of seasons in league one.
KRO
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: